Yesterday's post was pretty pessimistic. However, it's not all doom and gloom. So here's some optimism.
- Watches are made better today than they ever have been before.
- The sheer volume and value of the watches sold in the last several years all but ensures that servicing them will be a viable job for many years to come.
- So many fantastic watches have already been made that even if no more were produced, we could all have something nice.
- The internet is still progressing in a direction that will make it fun to collect and talk about watches no matter how screwed up the industry itself gets.
- Huge leaps, especially in sales and distribution but also in production, can still be made that can change everything in a very short period of time.
Ok that's a few off the top of my head. What do you guys think?